Pultec Style Tube Equalizer
The EQP-WA is a re-creation of the most renowned tube Equalizer in studio history, the "Pultec EQP-1A". Not only does the look and feel of the EQP-WA match the classic Pultec units, but the sonic quality has been carefully considered by using top-end components such as CineMag transformers and premium tubes. This fully discrete Tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and luster to mixes that’s nearly impossible to achieve inside-the-box. We are proud to have once again redefined the industry standard by bringing a fully professional-grade equalizer to the market at a price that's just as remarkable as the unit.
Our goal was to make a equalizer affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of equalizer so desirable.
The EQP-WA is a high-voltage tube equalizer, utilzing CineMag USA Transformers and two premium vacuum tubes by Tung-Sol.
A Two Tube Operation
The EQP-WA operates on two tubes: one 12AX7 and one 12AU7. We proudly use Tung-Sol brand tubes in this product for their sonic richness and 'open' sound. These 2 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
Image by: Aubrey Young
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Tube Equalizer based on the classic “Pultec” EQP-1A.
- Premium high voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes.
- CineMag inductor EQ section.
- EQ section is bypassable - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect.
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced outputs.
- Flat frequency response from 20 Hz - 50 kHz.
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced inputs.
- No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier.
- 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility.
- Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet.
- Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 6 inches - 2RU rack mountable.
- Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12 db.
- Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18 db.
- High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18 db.
- High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14 db.
- Boost and Cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect.
In this example, the EQP-WA is being routed as an insert into a recording device. This is useful for using the EQP-WA as an “analog plug-in” or insert for mix-down. The recording device is feeding the EQP-WA with a balanced 1/4” cable via a line output. Then, the recording device is capturing the EQP-WA via a LINE LEVEL input.
Note: It is important to use a line level input on your recording device as opposed to a microphone or instrument level input
"Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the low price of the EQP-WA equates with low quality. This new Warm product can hold its own in comparison with any Pultec-styled EQ. The ability to perform all the tricks of these units coupled with the advantage of additional frequency points surely makes this a first among equalizers."
Warm Audio makes amazing gear! I love the WA-2A and their new WA-87 mic. I have started running my mixes through a pair of their EQP-WA's!
"My Warm Audio gear sounds great and stands up to the vintage analog gear that I rely on during tracking and mixing. The WA-76, WA-2A and EQP-WA have become standard on all my productions and mixes."